Barrowford St Thomas' CE Primary school is a church school with a strong Christian ethos.
At Barrowford St Thomas our vision is that pupils will have a positive experience and understanding of Christianity, developing their own spirituality.
They will feel accepted, loved, valued, respected and secure.
Through a rich and creative curriculum, our pupils will flourish, deepening their knowledge and developing their skills and enthusiasm for life-long learning.
Psalm 92 vs 13-14
'They are like trees planted in the house of the Lord that flourish in the temple of our God, that still bear fruit in old age and are always green and strong.'
Our mission is to be a school where all can flourish and grow in God's love.
With God’s Love we Grow
Our adopted Christian virtues are rooted in scripture:
Colossians 3: 12 - 17
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Our adopted Christian virtues are:
At Barrowford St Thomas CE Primary we will:
- Ensure that all our children will know that they are loved by God.
- Encourage all our children to build a relationship with God.
- Develop the whole child as an individual who is created in God's image
- Promote our Christian values and provide opportunity for the worship of God
- Create an open and welcoming partnership between school, home and the community
- Provide a progressive, inclusive and knowledge based curriculum
- Ensure that our innovative and high quality teaching empowers our children to become investigative, independent and resilient learners
- Develop an ethos of support, encouragement and challenge, enabling all to achieve
- Value, celebrate and embrace diversity and individuality
- Embed a culture of hope, truth, respect, friendship, responsibility
- Instill high self-esteem and the confidence to try in our pupils
- Achieve high standards and enable our pupils to reach their full potential in all areas of learning
- Be flexible and adaptable for the demands of the modern world.
- Develop a positive sense of moral responsibility and self-discipline within our pupils
- Enable our pupils to learn to live together in a community showing sensitivity for one another