Barrowford St Thomas' CE Primary school is a church school with a strong Christian ethos.
At Barrowford St Thomas our vision is that pupils will have a positive experience and understanding of Christianity, developing their own spirituality.
They will feel accepted, loved, valued, respected and secure.
Through a rich and creative curriculum, our pupils will flourish, deepening their knowledge and developing their skills and enthusiasm for life-long learning.
Psalm 92 vs 13-14
'They are like trees planted in the house of the Lord that flourish in the temple of our God, that still bear fruit in old age and are always green and strong.'
Our mission is to be a school where all can flourish and grow in God's love.
With God’s Love we Grow
OUR SCHOOL VALUES
At St Thomas' Church of England Primary school, we place great importance on our chosen Christian values as they form an integral part of our school ethos.
The values were chosen through collaboration of staff, governors and children and we feel that they are evident throughout our lovely school.
To encourage a continued focus on these values, our deputy headteacher leads a weekly worship exploring a different value each half term.
In addition, during each Friday Good News Worship we celebrate a child from each year group who has demonstrated an aspect of our chosen value that week. Our fabulous hall display ensures we are mindful of our values at all times.
At Barrowford St Thomas CE Primary we will:
- Ensure that all our children will know that they are loved by God.
- Encourage all our children to build a relationship with God.
- Develop the whole child as an individual who is created in God's image
- Promote our Christian values and provide opportunity for the worship of God
- Create an open and welcoming partnership between school, home and the community
- Provide a progressive, inclusive and knowledge based curriculum
- Ensure that our innovative and high quality teaching empowers our children to become investigative, independent and resilient learners
- Develop an ethos of support, encouragement and challenge, enabling all to achieve
- Value, celebrate and embrace diversity and individuality
- Embed a culture of hope, truth, respect, friendship, responsibility
- Instill high self-esteem and the confidence to try in our pupils
- Achieve high standards and enable our pupils to reach their full potential in all areas of learning
- Be flexible and adaptable for the demands of the modern world.
- Develop a positive sense of moral responsibility and self-discipline within our pupils
- Enable our pupils to learn to live together in a community showing sensitivity for one another
Barrowford St Thomas CE Primary School Goals
- Pupils get a positive experience and understanding of Christianity, developing internal, emotional and spiritual resilience.
- Pupils feel accepted, loved, valued, respected and secure and understand boundaries
- Pupils develop skills and enthusiasm for on-going learning through a wide range and depth of educational experiences.