Barrowford St Thomas is a small school with four classes; intake number 17. It benefits from a small Reception class with two full-time adults (teacher and teaching assistant).
- It has one entrance for wheelchair users leading to the front office and main entrance.
- All doorways and entrances to the school are on a single level and wide enough to accommodate a wheelchair if necessary to ensure full access for pupils and parents with disabilities.
- An after-school club (to 5.30pm) is available for all pupils. Parents pay for the sessions attended.
- The school offers a phased entry into school each morning. Doors are opened at 8.45am (school starting time being 8.55am). This avoids congestion in the morning.
- Cars are invited to park on the church car park next to the school, or are parked directly on the road in front of the school except for the yellow lines.
- The school has one accessible toilet for wheelchair users and disabled people to use if required.
- The school's website is kept up-to-date with information.
- Electronic copies of the newsletters and other information letters are emailed to parents and uploaded onto the school website.
- Detailed termly class information and plans are uploaded to the website.
- Where and when required, paper copies of all letters are sent home with pupils.
- All parents are invited to sign up to the free service "Parentpay" in order toto pay for clubs and visits.
- All parents are invited to sign up to the free service 'Text2Parents' service so that they can receive texts from school.
- All relevant policies are uploaded to the school‟s website
- Furniture is modern and of a suitable height appropriate to the age group of children being taught in each classroom.
- The school has a range of ICT programmes for pupils with SEN in addition to interactive whiteboards installed in every classroom. There is a class set of surface pros which are used by all children. Desktop computers in our old ICT suite are soon going to be replaced with a class set of laptops which will be used mainly by our infant pupils.
- Classrooms are "child friendly" with resources labelled clearly.
- Visual timetables are used in most classrooms.