Welcome to the Class 3 Home learning page. When possible, tasks for children to do will be uploaded on school days.
Thursday 9th July 2020
Good morning everyone! Another week is flying by! Make sure you complete as much of the Home Learning as you are able. Mrs McQuillan is ready and raring for any who have not completed their artwork yet! Remember to send me whatever you get up to. Stay happy and stay safe!
See-Saw continues to go from strength to strength and we are well over 6000 pieces of work submitted!
Your Learning Activities for Today:
Read pages 86 – 89 of ‘The River Singers’ and answer the following:
- What two clues suggests these burrows are not a water vole’s? P86
- Why does Sylvan lose his temper? P86
- Find and copy a clue that suggests that whoever lives in the burrow doesn’t like Sinethis. P87
- Find and copy a phrase that shows that Sylvan doesn’t like the burrow. P88
- Find and copy two clues that suggest the thing that owns the burrow is not a vole. P89
Today’s maths activity is looking at capacity. There is also an extension looking at quadrilaterals. Make sure that you use the videos to help you to extend your learning.
Word of the Day:
Today’s word of the day is epiphany. What does it mean? Can you write it in a sentence?
Today I want you to invent your own cracking contraption. Use the following questions to help you come up with a good idea:
- What does it do?
- Does it help with something in everyday life?
- Is it something to help with a chore or job?
- Will it help adults, children or both?
- How will it work?
- What will it be made out of?
Draw and label a diagram of your contraption. Find somebody at home to tell all about it. Make sure you send it to me as well!
As a link between our Guided Reading and geography topics, watch the section from 42:00 to 47:00 of Countryfile on BBC iPlayer:
Use the video to answer the following questions:
- Can you name at least 4 different river species shown on the clip?
- What features can help us locate water voles?
- What has caused the numbers of water voles to reduce so dramatically?
- Where in the country are water voles still thriving and why?
General Information and Resources:
Below are a set of resources that may be useful to look at as and when required.
Below is a list of words that children in year 3/4 should be able to spell independently. Regular practise of these words would be useful.